My husband and I bought a GC tour.After we were on the tour (day 3), I had to return home for a family emergency.

Before we left, GC encouraged us to purchase travel protection insurance with Trip Mate and additional air fare insurance--which we did. Trip Mate states that they have a 3-week turnaround on all claims. I submitted all the required paperwork to Trip Mate mid-October 2015. It is now mid-January 2016, and after several phone calls, countless hours on the computer and phone, I am still without any kind of reimbursement.

GC called me saying they will follow up and help us recoup the money, but GC has been unable to do so. Follow-up phone calls to GC does not allow us to speak to anyone in charge. They are always polite, but skirt the issue of speaking to a supervisor or someone higher up so we can resolve this issue. It is a waste of time to call Trip Mate because they are even worse than GC in finding someone to help.

GC supports and recommends Trip Mate Insurance and it is a sham and a fraud to consumers.

As of this writing, I am still without resolution and have no one to turn to.For this reason, we will never book a trip with GC again.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of trip mate travel protection plan. Grand Circle Travel needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned trip mate travel protection plan in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Grand Circle Travel. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Viking Range.