My husband and I bought a GC tour. After we were on the tour (day 3), I had to return home for a family emergency.

Before we left, GC encouraged us to purchase travel protection insurance with Trip Mate and additional air fare insurance--which we did. Trip Mate states that they have a 3-week turnaround on all claims. I submitted all the required paperwork to Trip Mate mid-October 2015. It is now mid-January 2016, and after several phone calls, countless hours on the computer and phone, I am still without any kind of reimbursement.

GC called me saying they will follow up and help us recoup the money, but GC has been unable to do so. Follow-up phone calls to GC does not allow us to speak to anyone in charge. They are always polite, but skirt the issue of speaking to a supervisor or someone higher up so we can resolve this issue. It is a waste of time to call Trip Mate because they are even worse than GC in finding someone to help.

GC supports and recommends Trip Mate Insurance and it is a sham and a fraud to consumers.

As of this writing, I am still without resolution and have no one to turn to. For this reason, we will never book a trip with GC again.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 14, 2016.

Comments