1.2K views

My husband and I were due to travel with Grand Circle for the second time this past April. However, this time we had to cancel our trip due to an injury to my wife. We gave GCT the courtesy of letting them know, 11 days in advance, that we were unable to travel. They informed us there would be no refund, which we were aware.

They were paid in full for our trip along with the 8 other passengers in our Group Travel.

Grand Circle called the group leader the next day (a Saturday) to tell him he no longer had 10 paid in full in his group; and he would not receive the one free traveler that he expected. Instead he was given credit for 4 new travelers; about 16% of what he should have received. Since GCT had ALL of our money and still did not have to feed us, or provide linens for us, we actually saved GCT money!

You should also know that GCT used this opportunity to reward previously booked travelers with an upgrade to our cabin; maybe even resold their cabin. Customer Service would not reverse its actions, saying it was not “ten people sailing”.

There are many other River Cruise Companies and we encourage all travelers to research travel with those. For the past 5 years, we have been traveling extensively (every other month) and our friends rely on our opinions.

Review about: Grand Circle Travel Cruise Booking.

Comments

Connecticut, United States #886644

This is why you take trip insurance. It is well worth it. Since Grand Circle is very fair price-wise it is not going to break the bank to take it.

Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States #832119

Since you knew you would not be getting a refund, I bet you wish you would have been a no show. GCT should not have reduced the free space especially since they have 100% of your money.

Horsham, Pennsylvania, United States #817237

"My husband and I were due to travel with Grand Circle for the second time this past April. However, this time we had to cancel our trip due to an injury to my wife"

are you the husband or the wife?