My husband and I traveled to Australia and New Zealand April- May of 2017 . Although the trip was nice, my husband got pneumonia, and missed all the activities in Sydney .

We received excellent medical care in Australia but when we returned home, we made the claim to Trip Mate Insurance which we had procured through Grand Circle when we booked the trip. It was expensive but we thought necessary .we provided all the documentation required over and over and six months later have still not received the check for the medical expenses. It is less than $125:00 . I shudder to think if this had been a significant.

Monetary claim for them. We have always bought the trip insurance and never had to make a claim before but this experience has been just awful.I have made numerous calls and continue to get the run around and even lies! I also checked Trip Mate Insurance. On the Consumer Affairs web site and learned that these horrible reviews are a norm for them.

We relied to our Detriment on the Insurance Company that Grand Circle is affiliated with.. Needless to say we will not do business with Trip Mate or Grand Circle again

Reason of review: Terrible trip insurance company.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Customer service, Customer satisfaction.

Comments

I am having the same experience with Trip Mate. I bought the insurance on the recommdation of Nantucket Airlines. Allianz insurance was wonderful and paid immediately for a different leg of the same trip.